1998 Valkrie Tourer
New for 1998
· Eye-pleasing two-tone color combinations are added to classic Black: Black/Pearl Jade Green and Pearl Red/Pearl Ivory.
Special Valkyrie Tourer Features
· Large-size clear Lexan windshield with chrome-plated mounting brackets.
· Sleekly styled, color-matched, hardshell, weather-sealed saddlebags with 35-liter capacity each.
· Lower saddlebag stays form a protective loop under each bag.
· Liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder engine is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort.
· Six carburetors, a high redline, and more radical camshaft timing combine with a free-flow exhaust system to raise engine output considerably above that of its Gold Wing predecessor.
· Carefully designed chrome engine accents, including manifolds, timing belt cover and reshaped head covers, add to custom styling appeal.
· Five-speed transmission with close ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
· Quiet and virtually maintenance-free shaft drive.
· Simple-to-service screw-and-lock-nut valve-clearance adjusters.
· Tuned six-into-six exhaust system has three individual outlet pipes enclosed in a single muffler-like casing on each side. The six separate pipes give a unique and exciting sound, along with excellent performance.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch, elec tronic ignition, belt-driven camshafts and shaft drive reduce servicing time and cost
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator offers plenty of power for electrical accessories.
· Tuned chassis features solidly mounted engine for confidence-inspiring handling.
· Massive, 45mm inverted front fork gives 5.1 inches of plush but well-controlled travel.
· Large-section aluminum alloy top and bottom triple-clamps add to fork rigidity.
· Dual rear shocks with five-way preload adjustability give 4.7 inches of wheel travel.
· Very large-section radial tires provide excellent grip and a smooth ride.
· Polished aluminum hollow-cast wheels complement the sweeping styling.
· Dual-front and single-rear disc brakes are equipped with twin-piston calipers.
· Long-range 5.3-gallon fuel tank.
· Large, comfortable two-piece custom seat features a detachable passenger section and rear backrest
· Relaxed and comfortable riding position comes from a wide, low, large-diameter handlebar and low, 29.1 -inch seat height.